Wednesday, January 30, 2008




January 30, 2008

My name is Jane and I am one of the AM+G members. I am a bit embarassed to admit that in 2008 this is my first blog post ever. I am usually long winded but today I am feeling a bit shy. This is totally out of character for me. So here is bit of information about me.

I spent 12+ years of my professional life as a designer for National Geographic and the Discovery Channel. I have traveled all over the world from one of the highest peaks in the Andes, to the rift valley of Tanzania and to the sub zero tundra of Siberia.

I am looking forward to sharing with you some of my thoughts on the design world as I uncover gems in my daily research. Today I stumbled upon Designpolice.org. I think everyone should have a Design Police's Visual Enforcement Kit. This will allow you the opportunity for anonymity in critiquing bad design or you can be brave and forthright with your designers.

Jane

No comments: