Monday, March 01, 2010

I have a case of the Mondays. That feeling where my brain is still weekending but work does not stop for a tired brain. Things need to get done. It has taken a lot of fine-tuning but I finally found a way to get passed them, let us know if they work for you!

1. Listen to relaxing music. Although relaxing music may not help for some for me relaxing music helps to clear out my brain. I can close my eyes and remember what my purpose at work is. There are a few songs that always help me. Just to name two Sia- Breathe me and John Lennon- Imagine

2. Get inspired. There are many different ways that I get inspired to do my work. Today we received a copy of communication arts in the mail and it has helped immensely in my Monday inspiration. The article on page 22 “Contemplating White Space” really spoke to me today. The article is about an exhibit done at the Guggenheim in New York called contemplating the void. The author Wendy Richmond has such a beautiful thought that I would like to share with you, “White space is not just about leaving blank spots. One has to establish content and structure in order to be successful in eliciting participation…” I refuse to explain how this helped me to be inspired because I implore you to think about how this can be used to inspire your Monday. (let us know how it did!)

3. Look forward to something. Mondays always seem slow. Maybe that’s because I do less work on Mondays. I find that when I do a lot of work they go by quicker. It is hard to work when all you can think about is how great/ fun/ unproductive your weekend was. Instead of looking back on last weekend look forward to next weekend or an upcoming vacation. I find that having a goal in mind helps me to get through my work quicker.

4. Write out what is on your mind. I keep a pad of paper by my desk and write down everything that is on my mind. Whether it is things that I have to get done that week or month, things that are making me upset or the reasons I do not want to do work, they all go on there. After I have all my thoughts down on paper it is as if I have wiped my slate clean and I am able to get done what needs to get done.

I hope that at least one of these tips helped you! All of us here are doing at least one of these and we are having a productive day! I hope you also come away with a constructive day and just remember tomorrow is Tuesday which means its not Monday J

Don’t forget to become a fan of our Facebook page and to follow us on Twitter.

Check back again soon for another interview!

No comments: